Step 1: App Design and Customization
- Go to the Shopify dashboard and make your app ready for publishing.
Step 2: Request for an App Build (AAB).
- Go to App publishing
- Click on the Android app dropdown.
- click on Build Android AAB.
- The bundle file (.aab) is in the build process. The process may take approximately 20 minutes.
- The App bundle file is ready. Now download the file.
Step 3: Create an app inside Google Play Console.
- Go to Google Play Console
- Go to the All apps Section.
- Click on Create app.
- Create an app following the instructions from the image below.
Step 4: Set up your app.
- You will be redirected to the dashboard.
- Scroll down to Set up Your App Section.
- Fill up the details that are marked on the image below.
Step 5: Publish Your App.
- Scroll down to the Publish your app on Google play Section.
- Firstly select the country/ countries as per your requirement
- Click on Create a new release.
Step 6: Create a new release.
- click on Create new release under the Production section.
- Upload your previously downloaded app bundle file(.aab).
- or download the .aab file if you haven’t already downloaded from the Shopify dashboard and upload it.
- Click on Save.
Step 7: Rollout to Production.
- Click on review release.
- Click on Start Rollout to Production
- Click on Rollout.
Once you have completed these steps, your app will be submitted to the Play Store for the review process. Please note that the review process by Google may take up to a week. Once the review is successfully completed, your app will be officially available to your customers on the Play Store, allowing them to download it.